|Glyngøre village and the church.|
Glyngøre church was built 1918-1919. It has a nave, a choir and a tower with entrance. Upon the north side of the nave is a small building with a priest room etc. The building is in monk bricks and is whitewashed with a red tiled roof. The inside has a flat beamed ceiling.
The altarpiece is a painting, a copy after Joakim Skovgaard by Peter Skovgaard, given by stiftamtmand H. Grøn. The granite font was given by fru Villefrance, Hellerup. In the choir a painting, a copy after P.P. Rubens by Hellen Halk. Above the front hall is an organ gallery. Church ship, bark "Erik" from 1919.
|Glyngøre fishing harbour|
Listed prehistorics: 6 hills, among these the large Store Sundhøj.
Demolished or destroyed: 17 hills.
Names from the 1600s: Glyngøre (1694-95 Glyngør), Sallingsund (1683 Ved Salingsund).
Source: Trap Danmark, Viborg amt. 1962