|The south door|
Kousted church has a nave and a choir from the Romanesque period in granite ashlars upon a bevelled plinth, a tower to the west and a porch to the south. The granite choir arch and several windows to the north are kept. The south door inside the porch has a tympanum with a ribbon bow and cubic Capitals. The north door is bricked up. The nave and choir got vaults in the late Middle Ages and the tower was built in granite ashlars in the same period like the porch, which is in bricks. The tower room is not connected to the nave. In the east wall of the porch is a holy water vessel in a niche, (it was originally a corn-crushing stone from prehistoric time)
Upon the wall of the northside of the church is the relief of a lion turning upside-down.
The altarpiece is new, a pretty patchworck. The pulpit is Renaissance (has been restored. ). A granite font with lion figures. In the porch tombstones for the priests Jens Brasch (+ 1654), and P. Brasch (+ 1683), a lesser stone for the first mentioned and a tombstone from early Middle Ages with cross and foliage.
The klingpung is a purse which was used for collection of money during church service.
The yellow house is an old school building.
There is no information about prehistorics in the parish,
source: Runeberg / 1898-1906/ Kongeriget Danmark/ J.Trap/ 3 udg. 4 bd./ Hjørring, Thisted, Aalborg, Viborg , Randers Amter.