|Allerslev kirke/ photo gb|
Allerslev church is situated high in the village of Allerslev. The country road between Præstø and Mern runs past the church. South and west of the church are beautiful large lime trees. The church yard itself is also rather closely plant. The church is placed in a hilly terrain, where the village is surrounded by fields and the white-washed church is very visible in the pretty landscape and functions as a significant point of orientation.
Allerslev church belonged in a period to king Christian V. who gave it to the queen's courtmaster-lady Sidsel Grubbe. The church had various owners during the centuries; three owners were Jungshoved, Engelholm and Oremandsgaard, before the church in 1914 was transferred to freehold.
|Allerslev kirke/photo gb|
The south door is vaguely visible. The choir had to the east and north some broad and low, now bricked-in windows, while none of the other light-openings of the nave are visible. In the late Roman period the nave was extended to the west and in the extension were placed two new doors, the north door seen inside with planks and the south door has been changed but is in use. In the late Gothic
period was built in two cross vaults and the choir arch was changed. In late gothic period the choir had built in two cross vaults and the choir arch was changed.
|Allerslev kirke/ wikipedia|