|foto: stig bachmann nielsen, naturplan.dk|
An ashlar with a relic from the disappeared medieval altar table was found in the old tower's brickwork in 1930 and now lies in front of the entrance door. The present altar table in oak wood is from 1931. A contemporary altarpiece with a painting by J. Th.Skovgård. An altar piece from the 1800s with paintings of the crucified and the Evangelists hangs in the nave. New altar candelabres.A Romanesque granite font with a smooth basin. The baptismal dish was given in 1686 by parish priest Alexander Jacobsen and wife Dorthea Jensdatter. A pulpit in Renaissance with paintings of Christ and the Evangelists, repaired 1931. The sounding board lies on the loft ( in1962). Series pastorum from 1931. To the west a gallery with organ. A bell in cast steel from ab. 1870 .
Damgård in Toustrup gave fru Karen Nielsdatter in 1445 as a sjælsgave (soul's gift) to Dueholm kloster.
Mads Lykke is in 1511 mentioned of Durup. In 1660 Durupgård belonged under the manor Hegnet, also in 1791, but at that time it was divided into 3 farms.
Listed prehistorics: 4 hills, among those the large Toustruphøj, Tinghøj, where the herredsting (the District-Thing) was held once, and a third large hill, all at Toustrup.
Destroyed or demolished: 47 hills, almost all in the southern part of the Parish, from one of those origins a grave-find from early Bronze Age with sword, bronze bowl and a gold bracelet.
Names in the Middle Ages: Durup (1453 Durup); Toustrup (1436 Tostrup, 1474 Towstrop); Durupgårde (1524 Dwrvpgardt), Duruplund (1524 Lwndt, Lwnndt) ; Vilholm (1554 Willholmæ); Søndergård (1525 Søndergardt); Havgård (1524 Hoffgardt) Damgård (1445 Damgord).
Source: Trap Danmark 1962
photo September 2012: grethe bachmann, stig bachmann nielsen, naturplan.dk