The front of the communion table has got a painted coat of arms and mirrored monogram, probably for Karen Marie Hofman (+ 1760). The altar piece is a pompous carving from 1654 by Peder Jensen Kolding, flanked by winding pillars and figures. In the fields are biblical figures. It was decorated in 1665 by Hans Schütte and has upon the backside a parish clerk-list until 1881. The chalice and the desk were after the vicarage-fire 1740 repaired at the expense of Marie Margrethe Dreyer, the wife of Dean Poul Glud. Baluster-shaped Baroque candelabres ab. 1625-50. A good late Gothic choir arch crucifix. An ore-cast font-basin, cast by J Lehmeyer in Glückstadt 1702, upon a granite foot, shaped as a Gothic Gotland font-foot. A south German dish ab. 1575, later engraved initials INR CVA. The pulpit is early Baroque and has biblical reliefs. It is according to a carved date from 1637 like the contemporary sounding board. A new Threemaster church ship "Christianshavn". A heavy octagonal iron-bound money block, probably from the 1600s. A klingpung in painted tin from the late 1700s (klingpung is a purse with a long shaft to collect money during church service). A colossal priest list in unpainted oak from ab. 1960 with rambling reliefs commemorating Johs Ferdinand Fenger. The bell, which hangs in a bell tower southeast of the choir, was cast 1578 by Matias Benninck in Lübeck. Epitaphs from the 1700s and 1800s. In the porch a gravestone for the family Glud's ancestor, Dean Søren Andersen Jelling. In the dike towards east is a large portal with a flat-curved gate and a round-arched driving gate, all with tiled roofs.
Jensgård belonged to Oluf Mouridsen Krognos who willed it to Pernille Oxe, his widow Anne Hardenberg deeded the farm to Pernille in 1573. Pernille Oxe was the widow after Otte Rud of Møgelkær, and after her death in 1576 came J. to the son Johan Rud of Møgelkær, who died childless in 1609. The farm was inherited by his sister's son Knud Gyldenstierne, whose widow Sophie Lindenow brought it with Møgelkær to Henrik Rantzau (+ 1674 ;, when she died childless 1666 J. came to several heirs of hers - some of it came to her sister's son Christen Skeel of Bangsbo, and when he died unmarried in 1670, the farm was further divided. A small part came in 1671 to Ane Ramel, who after her husband kansler Peder Reedz's death in 1676 exchanged J. to Jacob Arenfelt, whose brother Jørgen Arenfelt of Rugård in 1690 deeded J. with estate to rådmand in Horsens, Chr. Nielsen Thonbo (+ 1707) whose sons Niels and Peder Thonbo in 1708 deeded 2/3 of J. and some estate to their brother Matthias Fogh (+ 1716). His widow Karen Marie Hofman (+ 1760) deeded in 1743 the farm with forest, taxes and estate to her son kancelllisekretær Thøger Hofman Fogh, after whose death in 1748 J. with additions came on auction and was sold to Marie Margrethe Dreyer (+ 1754), widow after dean P. Glud. Her son kancelliråd Jakob Glud (+ 1793) had in 1772 allowance on to be the owner of J. with freedom from nobility. His widow Marie Cathrine Juul (+ 1802) deeded in 1795 the farm to her son cand. theol. kammerråd Poul Glud (+ 1842), who in 1830 deeded J. with Glud, Rårup and Hjarnø church and full estate to the son exam. jur. kammerråd J.A.Glud (+ 1884). He sold it in 1867 with Glud church to his son cand. jur. justitsråd P.G.Glud; after his death in 1913 it came to his brother's son Poul Chr. Glud (+ 1944) and then to Poul Axel Glud (+ 1947) and to his brother M.C. Glud. (who was the owner in 1964).
The main building and the farm building is one of the best preserved and grand half-timbered plan in Denmark from the middle of the 1700s. Main building built in 1753. Above the main door a sandstone-plate with inscription from Poul Glud and wife's take over of the farm in 1795. The farm buildings are contemporary with the main building. In the forest a memorial for the family Glud's 200 year old ownership of Jensgård.
Jon Kvas deeded in 1324 his estate in Glud to the parish clerk Niels Rampe; Lave Jensen of Holm deeded 1349 his estate in the same place to bishop Svend in Århus.
|Glud Museum, foto Google earth.|
Upon a field in Sønderby, called Kirkeager (church field) were found monk bricks and a Roman stone lamp.
There are no listed prehistorics in the parish but there was a long dolmen, a hill with a stone chamber, another hill and two stone circles. Pontoppidan's Atlas claims that there earlier in the parish were many gravehills and "heathen altars" ( meaning dolmens).
At Snaptun were in low water found several things from the Ertebøllekulturen. At Marielund were found several graves from early Roman Iron Age.
A special stone for a bellows with a carved face mask from Viking period was found at Snaptun.
Names from the Middle Ages and 1600s:
Glud (1324 Gluut); Over Glud (1493 Offuerglud); Øster Bisholt (1462 Bysholt, 1688 Østerbidsholt); Nørby (1403 Nørrebye); Østrup (1403 Ostorp; 1405 Østrup); Stenvadgårde (1546 Stenvad); Allesgårde (1664 Alliesgaaerd); Jensgård (ab. 1300 Ynes, Ines, 1462 Ænsgard).
photo Glud: grethe bachmann
photo Glud Museum: Google earth.