Adslev church lies freely upon a hillside south of the parish village - it has a Romanesque choir and nave,a porch to the south from the late 1800s, and a western tower from 1925. Choir and nave are built in granite ashlars upon a bevel plinth. From original details are preserved the straight-edged south door of the nave and a north window of the choir, which is extended in the glade; in the nave are rests of two Romanesque windows, one to the north and one to the south. In the late Middle Ages a cross vault was built with halfstone-ribs in the choir and three bays octagonal cross vault in the nave. At the same time the choir arch was changed into a pointed arch. The church has now neo- Romanesque windows. In the choir are inserted modern glass paintings by Fanny and Poul Sæbye. The tower is from 1925, in bricks above granite ashlars.It was built from funds, willed by frk. Mine Houman of Kollen. In the bottom of the tower is furnished a burial chapel with a port to the west. An earlier tower should have fallen ab. 1800.
|in Jexendalen (valley)|
The monks at Kalvø (later at Øm kloster) had in ab. 1170 by fru Margrethe robbed 4 mark gold of land in Kollens.
There are no listed prehistorics in the parish, but there were 12 hills, of which 7 were south of Jexen.
Names from the Middle Ages: Adslev (1409 Aisleff, 1544 Atzløff); Jeksen (1347 Exingheten ,1409 Exenn, 1573 Jexen); Kollens Møllegård (ab. 1170 Culsne, 1581 Kollendts Mølle).