|Håsum church, ab. 12 km northwest of Skive.|
Håsum parish, Rødding herred, Viborg amt.
The small church in Håsum is located high upon a steeply sloping church yard. It has a Romanesque choir and nave with a late Gothic tower to the west and a porch to the south from the late 1800s. A now demolished apse was once an extension of the choir. The Romanesque building is in granite ashlars upon a bevelled plinth - and the choir lies unusually skewed compared to the nave. Both original doors are kept, the bricked-up north door with a couple of free-standing columns, which have strange homemade capitals and bases. The round arched south door is in use, but without columns - they lie in pieces upon the church yard. Original windows are seen bricked-up upon the north side of nave and choir and on the south side of the choir.
Inside the church are beamed ceilings, and the choir arch is extended. The late Gothic tower, which is of similar broadth as the nave, has a cross vaulted bottom room and a round tower arch. The gables are north-south, and the north gable has kept its typical Northwest-Jutland high-glare bevel-cut decorations. Many ashlars are marked by fire. Around a couple of the bricked-up windows is frescoe-painted late Gothic framework.
The altarpiece with Renaissance-framework around the painted fields is probably from 1744. Heavy, balustershaped Baroque-candelabres. A Romanesque granite font with rope-decorations upon the basin and primitively made lions upon the foot. A dish given in 1697 by Christen Linde of Volstrup. A Renaissance sounding board above the font. A pulpit from the middle of the 1700s with naive Evangelist-paintings. A bell from the second half of the 1300s by Nicolaus with majuskel-inscription.
Epitaph set up by Mogens Høeg in 1636 for Melchior Glob of Vellumgård and ancestors, after the original epitaph was destroyed in 1628 by the imperial troops, who cleared away the burials of the Glob-family in order to bury an officer instead. A hill in the northwestern corner of the church yard, which was demolished in the beginning of the 1900s, contained skeletons, which supposedly came from the cleared burial.
Vellumgård belonged probably to hr. Niels Hase in the 1300s. In 1413 it was owned by his son Peder Hase, who still lived in 1425; his widow Kirsten Nielsdatter Krag married Anders Skeel (+ ab. 1455), whose daughter Anna Skeel before 1467 married Oluf Pedersen Glob (Due) (+ ab. 1501), who several times is written of V. Their son hr. Albert Glob (Due) (1510 and 1516) and his children Oluf (+ 1558) and Melchior Glob (Due) (+ ab. 1543), owned the farm, the last mentioned's widow Anne Eriksdatter Lange (+ 1559) married 1551 Gregers Ulfstand (+ 1583), who broke down V. The land of Vellum village was ab. 1700 laid under Kærgårdsholm. - A new V. was formed in 1807 by parcels from Kærgårdsholm. In 1958 it was owned by Svend Åge Lund.
Kærgårdsholm was in the middle of the 1400s owned by Sophie Bosdatter Høg, thereafter by her son, Henrik Eriksen of Hostrup. His widow Karen Nielsdatter Krabbe (of Østergård) owned K. in 1484, and her brother's son Niels Krabbe was the owner in 1498 and 1511. His son-in-law Ejler Lykke sold in 1545 K. to above mentioned Anne Lange of Vellumgård, whose husband Gregers Ulfstand (+ 1583) after the demolition of Vellumgård built K. upon the place where it stood until the 1880s. K. was then owned by the son Melchior Ulfstand (+ 1617) and fru Elsebet Viffert, his sister Anne Ulfstand (+ 1627) and her husband Stygge Høeg (Banner) (+ ab. 1630) and their son, rigsråd Mogens Høeg (Banner) (+ 1661). Mogens Høeg's daughter's son, Jakob Ulfeld, who was banished to the East Indies for his tyrannic behaviour towards his wife Christence Daa, but who came back after her interceding, inherited the half of K., while the other half went to Mogens Høeg's son-in-law baron Ejler Holck. This part came before 1676 to High Court judge Jens Lassen, and via exchange with Jakob Ulfeld he bought the whole farm before 1688. After Jakob Ulfeld was killed in 1688, K was by the Crown laid out to his widow, who married Mogens Kaas, who wrote himself of K. in 1691. Fru Christence Daa's heirs sold K. in 1693 to Anne Pedersdatter, widow after Laurids Nielsen. She sold at once farm and estate to Christen Linde (+ 1706), who included the land of Vellum village. His son Niels Linde ( +1746) let rebuild the farm ; his son Christen Linde (+ 1756), deeded in 1751 K., a part of Stubbergård and taxes and estate to Christen Olufsen Fløy (+ 1757), but bought it all back a year after. His widow Maren Loss married the earlier manager at K. justitsråd (judicial counsellor) Jørgen Hvas (enobled de Lindenpalm)( + 1782), who in 1758 sold K. to ritmester (captain) Johan Glud, after whose death 1766 Peder Obel (+ 1794) bought K.
In 1777 K. was sold to Mads Opitius (+ 1784), who had to do array, whereafter Obel in 1779 rebought the farm. He sold it in 1780 to Niels Willemoes, who at once left half the estate to kammerråd Peder Hansen of Landting (+ 1797). His widow Mariane Bernstorff out-bought in 1799 Niels Willemoes of K.and achieved appropiation to sell out the peasant-estate without losing the main farm's freedom. In 1803 she sold it to forvalter (manager) Poul Holst (+ 1826) , who sold the peasant-estate and after appropiation in 1805 outparcelled the main farm. In a forced sale of him in 1820 Ulrik Christian v. Schmidten bought K., and in his forced sale in 1826 K. was bought by a consortium, who in 1827 sold K. to Mads Refsgård, who in 1828 sold it to the above mentioned Poul Holst's widow, Mette Marie Schmidt, who continued the outparcelling. The farm belonged in 1833 to Jens Gramstrup (+ 1853), then his son F. Gramstrup and his son L. Gramstrup and P.A. Sørensen, who built a new main building in the 1880s.
Later owners: Kjær-Jacobsen, P. Anthonsen, Anders Rasmussen in 1904, Kristen Sørensen in 1913, R. Lilienskjold in 1915, Kristen Sørensen the same year, Daniel Pape in 1917, A. Mouritsen in 1919, C.P. Christensen 1920, Andersen Andersen 1922, Jens Pedersen Clausen 1923, in 1937 it was bought by Chr. M Elgaard, who in 1954 transferred it to his son K.B. Elgaard.
A little west of the present Kærgårdsholm is seen a small rise in the flat terrain, which is partly overploughed and partly planted. The place has the name Dojsen or Dons, it was pointed out as the castle bank of the oldest Kærgårdsholm, but if this is the case all visible traces are wiped out (mentioned in Resens Atlas:"at the farm "Kiergaarsholm", is a hill called Gaasen with a shape of a regular triangle".
Northeast of Kærgårdsholm in the moor a little west of the country road is the castle bank of the farm, which was demolished in the 1880s, a small place with ditches after building-foundations. It is to north, west and south surrounded by waterfilled moats. (in 1962). The plan seems to stretch out to the east in the cultivated meadow, several brick-rests are seen . These traces might be remindings of the eastern farm building. In the meadow west and north of the castle bank are irregularities in the terrain, probably from the western farm building, which is mentioned at the time of Niels Linde. In the meadows around the castle bank was under certain cirumstances the trace of a road pointing towards Håsum.
In Kærgårdsholm mølle (mill) was earlier dyeworks and cotton weaving.
Vellumgård got its name after a disappeared village Vellum (1413 Wellom) where the land ab. 1700 was included under Vellumgård. In Torp was a farm Knapsdal (1610 Knapsdall).
Listed prehistorics: 6 hills, among these Klokkehøj close to the church.
Demolished or destroyed: 30 hills.
Names from the Middle Ages:
Håsum (1403 Hosum, 1487 Hosom); Kærgårdsholm (1484 Kieregaardshollm); Vellumgård (1400s Wellumgaardt, 1481 Wellumgard, Veyldomgardh); Stengård (1482 Stengaardt).
Source: Trap Danmark, Viborg amt, 1962.