|Tolne church,ab. 10 km west of Frederikshavn, Google earth.|
Tolne parish, Horns herred, Hjørring amt.
|Tolne church, wikipedia.|
The altarpiece is a Renaissance work from ab. 1600, divided in storeys with smooth columns and side wings in the big field; a painting from 1898 by Anker Lund; a contemporary communion table panel. Under the choir, which is elevated by three steps, is a vaulted burial, with several coffins, like the bodies of High Court Judge Erik Rodsteen (+ 1687) , captain Frands Chrf. de Roepstorff (+ 1730). In the church hang several coffin plates from these burials : Hign Court Judge Steen Rodsteen of Lerbjerg and his wife Margrete Urne, both + 1664. The pulpit and the pews are newer; the organ from 1908. The church was restored upon wall and roof and inventory 1951-52. Upon the church yard a *bell-frame with a bell from 1487, inaugurated to Sct. Bartholomæus.
* the bell-frame was replaced by a new in oak-timber in 1865, an accurate replica of the earlier bell-frame.
|church ship "Danmark", wikipedia.|
Skårupgård is possibly nmentioned in 1419 in the name Skordorp and belonging to hr. Niels Ovesen (Panter) of Asdal. Kærsgård and Knivholt (+ before 1419) and his wife Johanne Andersdatter (Stenbrikke), but it was on the exchange after them laid out to the rigshofmester hr. Anders Jacobsen (Jepsen) Lunge of Gunderslevholm, who had been m. to their daughter fru Ingeborg Nielsdatter (Panter) (+ 1391). In 1546 Poul Vinter deeded Skårupgård with mill to his sister's sons Chr Christensen in Skårup and Jens Christensen of Egås. In 1568 Christopher Pedersen is mentioned in Skårup. In 1579 fru Karine Krabbe (K. of Østergård)(+ 1586), widow after Niels Skeel of Nygård (Brusk herred)( + 1561) and Otto Banner of Asdal etc. (+ 1585) on his wife Ingeborg Skeel(+1606) of Voergård's behalf, permission from the Crown to negotiate the bondeskylden ( peasant debt) in a freehold farm in Skårup, probably identical with the farm mentioned in 1546.
In the first half of the 1600s S. was owned by Jørgen Orning of Eget; in 1638 he writes himself of S., probably he or fru Ingeborg had extended the land by adding land from other farms (Skårup village?). In 1662 the castle yard and the farm yard was under one and not built different from a common farm. After Jørgen Orning's death in 1644 the widow Lisbet Stensdatter Rodsteen inherited together with the daughters Christence Orning (+ earliest 1653); Kirsten Orning (+ 1718), m. to Niels Harbou of Søgård (+ 1675), Sophie Orning, m. to Mogens Krabbe (K. of Østergård) of Vejbyvad (+ 1676), and Agathe Orning (+ 1684), m. to Wolf Unger of Hæstrup. In 1654 Lisbet Rodsteen deeded together with the daughters Sophie and Agathe their parts in S. to the last mentioned's brother Vil Orning, who however died latest in 1658. Mogens Krabbe gathered now some or all inheritance and his brother hr. Otte Krabbe (K. of Østergård) of Holmegård etc. (+ 1719) got in 1686 on behalf of the under age heirs a royal permission that S. hereafter was a taxfree farm, whereafter it in 1687 was sold to earlier bailiff at Eskær, Rasmus Jørgensen in Dal.
Later owners: Christen Lauridsen; Otte Arenfeldt; Marcus Gjøe Rosenkrantz; Bo Johannesen Møller; Peder Hansen Milling; C. Sørensen and Ferdinand Chr. Rørbye; Poul Møller; Chr. C Møller; Cr. Fr. Ingerslev; Peter Chr. Wilhelm Frederiksen; Andreas Skriver; O.L.Bang; E.K. Jørgensen; F.N.Westengaard; J. Westengaard; Hans Claus Chr. Bang; Niels Andersen; Knud Andersen. Source from wikipedia: 1944 Knud Andersen; 1961 N.S.Høm ; 1987 – Aage Roune; 1995 – Henrik Hougaard.
In the village Dverretved lived in 1653 fru Lisbet Stensdatter Rodsteen, widow after Jørgen Orning (+ 1644), but she moved the same year to Sortkær in Elling parish .
Tolnegård was a freehold farm until the Klementsfejden (Clements feud), but was taken over by the Crown and not released. It was in the 1600s leased to herredsfoged ( bailiff) Søren Jensen (+ ab. 1641) and then to his son herredsfoged (- 1688) Ove Sørensen. The first mentioned's father, herredsfoged Jens Sørensen lived probably also here. In 1664 the Crown deeded away T., but the farm was later (1680-87) krongods (the Crown's estate) again.
In the southern end of the parish was a farm, in 1688 called Bateborg.
Listed prehistorics: North of Tolne kirke is the long dolmen Stenhøj with two big edge stones and a destroyed chamber. At Skørbækshede a stone cist with 6 upright stones, possibly the rests of a long dolmen. 38 hills, which mainly are in the western part of the parish, several are large, like Storhøjene and two of Bålhøjene, southwest and northeast of Tolne kirke.
Demolished or destroyed: two long dolmens, both at Skørbækshede, one long hill and 17 hills.
At Skørbækshede was found a sacrifice from Stone Aage: 6 flint sickles and a flint plank. At Dverretved was found a rich grave from early Roman period. In a moor at Tolne were found 4 bronze vessels from late Roman period.
In Tolne bakker (hills) in Dybdal west of Tolne station was a sacred spring. Here was held a Kildemarked (sacred spring market) on 24/8 (Sct Bartholomæus Day). The first Lutheranian priest Søren Draaby was killed here, so it is is said. The market moved in 1853 to Hørmested kro, and in 1885 to Sindal.
Names in the Middle Ages and 1600s: Tolne (1452 Tolne, 1466 Toln); Dverretved (1419 Dywrtwed, 1466 Dwæretwedh); Tranget (1662 Throngit); Pinkrog (1688 Pin Krogen); Børsholt (1573 Bøsholt); Snerpen (1662 Snerpen); Vesterholmen (1662 Dreredweds Holm, 1688 Holmen); Skørbækshede (1567 Skiørpishede, 1662 Schorpitz Heede); Skårupgård (1638 Skorupsgaard); Kraghede (1638 Kragheede, 1662 Krags Heede); Dal (1638 Dale); Mølhede (1688 Møllheen); Bremsholt (1662 Brenszholt); Katsig (1662 Katsig) .
Source: Trap Danmark, Hjørring amt, 1960.
photo Google earth and wikipedia.